Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Centrepoint from Woolloomooloo

Forbes St Woolloomooloo from Stephen St with the Sydney CBD behind - centrepoint and JP Morgan etc

I've been painting this when I visit local artist Martin Walsh. The canvas is pretty large so it would be a pain to drag it over from Glebe every time, so its really handy to be able to leave it at his. Which is in the picture, he's pretty chuffed about that. Thanks Martin 


This is getting close to finished. Among the people who came along was Callum, maybe Prince Callum who insisted I include him saluting with his longneck by the corner of Forbes St

Changes are getting harder to see in the photos as I fill in dead spots and add to the greens but I'll continue to work on it a bit longer - it's fairly large for a street painting at about 120x100cm - and the ibis seems a bit lonely, maybe needs some company




t's a late afternoon view and I always get there a bit later than I mean, so its dark once I've packed up - this shot taken under old skule long flourescent tubes. Eventually I'll get a shot in daylight of the finishedd piece at least




Martin Walsh. whose house is in the painting, which is where I'm leaving the xanvas as I paint it



 

The locals are keen on this, it's a major local thoroughfare for foot traffic to the Cross


It's a late afternoon view, but I mean to get there a bit earlier next time and get a bit more done

 

The is just the very beginning of of a big view of the city - centrepoint with JP Morgan( well of course) from Stephen St Woolloomooloo with crumbling 80s Houso terraces of Forbes St in between, decrepit in 30 years. The 150 year old buildings around them are in better nick despite a policy of neglect. If you live nearby check for termites, we just found an active nest at Martin's place, his staircase disability safety railings are attached to a hardwood slat wall mined away to tissue paper and acrylic paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment