Thursday, May 30, 2019

Flea in Flouro



Under 374nm UV LED strip


the same under daylight


Peter and Luke have chosen this handsome critter to be the poster image for the Museum of Fleas so it'll be in the Sydney Fringe guide and  on posters around town, so that's a thrill. I've just uploaded them a higher resolution version of this image.

The painting itself I'll continue to finish a bit more when I get my UV striplight back from Martin's

The Museum of Fleas are holding a flea painting workshop extravaganza in early July, so flea painters everywhere, stay alert for further details, then leap forth

 

I'm painting some images for the Museum of Fleas, a week of cabaret, music and performance downstairs at the Imperial Hotel in Erskineville in September, organised by Peter Urquhart and Luke as part of Sydney Fringe Festival.

The space is a blacklight dungeon so I'm getting flourescing pigments (lightfastness "very poor") to mix with my palette.

These shots here so far are in daylight, but I've also painted a night scene of the carpark next door which can be seen under UV etc


No comments:

Post a Comment