Sunday, June 9, 2019

Light Industrial Sofa

A group portrait where everyone is camouflaged in fluoro. Made and Andy anyway




 This is starting to be kind of finished looking though I'll be putting some more paint on Andy - not enough to obscure everything behind him though

after some fleshing out of the fabric and blankets on the sofa, as well as paintbrushes
This one UV, the next above in daylight




You might be able to see Made smoking a bong, the latest addition. I'll take some more blacklight shots soon





I started sketching Andy in a couple of nights ago, just a head in muted tones so far. Then he caught a nasty cold so I've not done more to it yet. This shot under daylight, and the one immediately below with UV and a bit of daylight leaking in



Most of the ground is done now so I can start painting a few figures into the clutter, (and start fixing up the room). I'll use a UV pigment(something clashing!) for sketching Andy and any other people in, and add some photos shot under blacklight. The little 374nm LED strip I'm using is fine for painting, but not much chop for photography


Photographed in daylight. There's only a few cushions and bit of blanket representing the sofa so far. My Light Industrial Sofa has to be comfortable! Sometimes I work with a model.

I want to leave space for portraiture. Lots of people come and sit down on the couch. So I'll paint someone in here. I'll leave it at that for now, and until they appear.  A little bit of suspense, and I don't pin myself down

 

under UV


Outdoor Light 

I had to disappear all my clothes to prove my studio at the Junkyard was light industrial usage, or something, so all I have hanging for a moment are a few flouro workshirts, which happen to match a couple of the UV pigments I've been mucking round with. I'm not sure who'll be on the sofa yet

No comments:

Post a Comment