Monday, April 15, 2019

Night Carpark


Under 3 lights 
This oneis under a mix of UV and day, and room lights




Under UV


Daylight

Finished. It's interesting to paint a scene whose details are a bit obscure, it adds an air of mystery. I used green and orange UV pigments along with regular oil colours to heighten the lights, and so the mood changes a bit with different lighting.


The UV paints are fun to play with, mix fine with other oils without losing flourescence. Tho you can't use polyurethane as a medium(like in my outdoor murals), it's opaque to blacklight. I'll take a few photos in UV light soon with various fill lights to show the variations


I'm putting some work in and getting involved in the Museum of Fleas, 5 nights of music and cabaret at theImperial in Erskineville, tocoincide with the Sydney Fringe festival.

To that end I got some  fluorescing pigments(orange and green so far) and ground some in hemp seed oil to muck around with in combination with other colours. The shot is in daylight but I've got a blacklight LED strip and will also set up some coloured lights in the studio as well, like doing a theatre backdrop!

Fun

 

The junkpile in the forefroundf keeps getting rearranged


 

I've done a few daytime views of FDC's carpark in front of my studio. Last night I started a night view

No comments:

Post a Comment