Thursday, May 23, 2019

Stripy tabletops



The double sided floorboard table top after a sand and ready for a final once over with filler in a few spots I missed, and where the edge has been planed off . After that a sand with a brand new disc and a coat or 2 of polyurethane to finish.

I'm making this without a client so in no hurry. I've settled on a basic design for a base that holds the top either way up, to show off the different timbers and pattern


A light worktable or cafe table - its on a metal cafe style base with a few of the palettes I've cut from busted cabinet panels from old furmiture, all with a thin coat of polyurethane


2sides of a tabletop, almost filled and ready to sand off and varnish

 

2 stripy floorboard tabletops that have been lying around for a bit. I've just started filling the gaps with fake wood(sawdust and glue). The top one is double-sided - 2 layers of floorboards, the other is backed on a piece of plywood.

When I have time I'll find a link to earlier pics of these pieces. You can see other woodwork from the junkyard studio here


No comments:

Post a Comment