Thursday, May 28, 2020

Waterloo Night

This is a night painting of the view from Rachel's balcony that I started before self isolation . As(or while?) measures are relaxed a bit I can try to get it done. It's oil on canvas. The UV colours are handmixed from pigments, as I can't find them in an oil paint tube.

Like the other fluoro paintings I've put together of the past several months it was to go in "Out of the Dark", a show Ben Cahill and I were to put on at Chrissie Cotter from  May 12 until a couple of days ago, but which was blown away by COVID19.

I've been refamiliarising myself with Blender, the 3D editor, and will soon put together a virtual mock of the paintings emitting light in a model of the gallery space which I hope to continue developing until we can put on the real show.

 At first move a camera around to create a video walkthrough loop of the show, then use blender's game environment to hopefully create a freer-form viewing experience


I worked till my lamp died the other night getting this ready to show next week in the Spark, my studio show on the 17th July


UV



white light from a headlamp

Earlier versions of the paintings are here.

1 comment:

  1. Now gatherings of a certain size are allowed I'm putting on a show for some of the "out of the Dark" paintings at the Junkyard Studio in early or mid July.

    Some of the exhibition space is semi-outdoor and there's a yard so we should be able to put on a socially distanced opening without turning people away.

    I'll toss a couple of dates around in my head tonight then make an announcement on this blog somewhere and create an event

    ReplyDelete