Sunday, January 6, 2019

Floorboard tabletops



Not sure if this is a table top or bottom - perhaps I'll have to mount it so it can be flipped!


One idea for a stand for the crescent floorboard table



 I had a plywood offcut this shape which I couldn't see much use for cut up so I used it to put some floorboard offcuts together. I'm not sure what to use it for now, aybe I'll hinge it off something as a sideboard, or maybe someone has a wall with a column that will fit it


 

Woodchips and a tabletop with filling


The same table after a sand, with pasteup dining table behind


A tabletop of many colours, kauri and other pines, red gum(?), assembled and sanded and waiting to have the cracks filled

 

Before sanding - floorboard crescent (its held together by a plywood offcut, with a couple more pieces of kauri to make it more rigid).


The chunky top of a small tablemade of 4x2 and 6x2(ie 100x50mm and 150x50mm) pieces of oregon, pine and hardwood


The other side - "island pine" and red hardwood floorboards- I'll probably mount it on a cafe tablebase and lacquer it with polyurethane, no linseed oil lying around at the moment

No comments:

Post a Comment