Saturday, August 17, 2019

The Coathanger from Milsons Point Station - Sydney Harbour Bridge



I went back one last time to finish this painting I started almost a year ago.

Oddly enough, I finally was challenged by a young station attendant who'd been sent down to shoo me away - you need a permit from duty manager - well send him down so I can get it - oh there's all sorts of hazards(really, I'm on a station platform at the end and out of everyone's way, and anyway not moving till I've finished. I had paints out on palette. She went off

Garth the manager came down and was worried about the pandora's box an accident would open. You can't paint that here. As I pointed out I had in fact painted that here. It's a real work of art but I'd much rather you go down to the park and paint it. It would I said, be a different painting, and I'm staying to finish the one I started, I'd only be an hour or so.

He was somewhat mollified but couldn't show it. He was going off shift, and who knows the next manager might call the police to issue me a fine. I could only imagine what a magistrate might think. Still worried, he headed off. Needless to say the police never came

You can follow the earlier evolution of this painting here

No comments:

Post a Comment