Thursday, August 22, 2019

Central

Sydney Central station from Eddy Avenue


 The sky is full of smoke haze so I painted something like it in behind Central


The sky was a bit thin so when some raw umber from the tower got smeared on it I took the opportunity to have another go at it, as well as continuing to build up the the stone


Paint everywhere now but it looks a bit empty. i don't want to put too many vehicles that obscure the stonework, but a few people somewhere would be good, ibises and seagulls too


there's paint all over the canvas now! It's a great place to meet people waiting for a bus. I had a great chat today with a German traveller who's been in Australia for a year or so, whose mates are trying to find him a bride so he can stay permanently, introducing him to girls at parties


back to painting after the Museum of Fleas 

 
 blue sky and sandstone


After the 2nd afternoon I've drawn out about 2/3 of the image, fixed a couple of mistakes, made a couple more...


The first day was both painstaking and a bit frantic as I arrived later than I wanted(not for the first time) and drew it up trying to keep proportions and angles right so there's not too much to fix when  I continue. Thanks to the people who put a few $ in my collector without there being much to see

No comments:

Post a Comment