Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Johns College from Larkin St

Part of Sydney Uni seen across Parramatta Rd near the Coroners Court including the Catholic College I refused to move into after 6 years of boarding school when I started at Uni.

No regrets about that, as it happens that was Tony Abbott's college




noodling away


More green, more green(actually Indian and cadmium yellows mixed with blues- cobalt, prussian, manganese) to give the plants a bit of life - and starting to repair the car, which I'm continuing this evening


More green. The ground is there now at any rate, but apart from the sky everything looks pretty thin and unfinished. As an exercise I'm doing some of the grunt work at home in the evening,despite inadequate studio lighting where I've worked out the colour to use in daylight


Beginnings of leaves on the trees gives the scene some more life.


The tower on the old main building is now totally mummified in blue baize and scaffold

Most of the background blocked in. A scaffold went up around the sandstone tower since I got started, so I painted that in.


2 comments:

  1. Although I was trying to view the vid in Johno's story...I really love the All in the name of liberty poster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, thanks Keziah, from a show Vassis and I did back in 2010

    ReplyDelete