Thursday, January 18, 2018

Waterloo Cranes and Monoliths


Cranes encroaching on Waterloo. A view from Marton building, the Housing Department tower on Raglan and Cope Sts 

I'm doing a few drawings for a friend who got a flat there recently and was dismayed to here the whole area was up for redevelopment, worrying her that she would have to move, something she doesn't want to do again. It will be many years before they do anything to towers like Marton, but all the lo-rise Houso properties are for the chop. 

I may be painting a mural nearby as a celebration and record, so these drawings also give me a chance to collect ideas for that

The cranes are definitely on the march, these are to the west, but another armada is coming from Green Square.


A Waterloo Monolith(James Cook building) through the trees. I had to rush them when I ran out of shade as the sun moved.


No comments:

Post a Comment