Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Weaving - composing the Woolloomooloo Triptych



Woven -  the canvas is now filled with a composition, I might add and subtract the odd piece but the shape of its there now,  its time to inhabit it with somes birds and trees and a few people, in a new post - below you can follow the painting back to a blank canvas


crane


The Gunnery above Cathedral St


After Monday 16th October there isnt much more space to fill though I want to make a change or 2 and pack a few more buildings in as I start to green, populate and finish it. I've included some details of more or less complete sections below






Most of the basic composition now in place on the 12th of October apart from some buildings in the middle around Forbes St. It still remains to green and populate the space


 
Starting to get to a composition all though there's still some gaps to fill, and then some birds and maybe people to add


The basic form of this synthetic landscape is apparent now with the Gunnery centre stage. I'll put Brett Whiteley's matches and the figtree near them on the left panel and a few cockatoos, and a few motorways, and maybe I can squeeze in my other old squat at 14 Palmer St. I've lowered the horizon a bit since taking the shot




Some slightly blurry photos of the painting at the moment, with a lot of bright permanent rose, Woolloomooloo hemmed in by the cliff Victoria St runs along the top of. And a bit of the railway




Cliffs and cliff dwellings so far

The right hand panel

 

After a lot of distractions and studies and hmmimg and hahing I've finally put a bit of paint on the main canvas at Weave. a bit of the arches under Victoria St - not much to see yetperhaps a bit larger and higher than I want, they may migrate down a bit but I've got a fair idea how to develop things from here, mashing the cliff and some subterranean views in this panel with the bay and sky in the middle bordered and bisected by road and rail.

I'm hoping to get a fair amount of this done by the end of next week, I'll post images as I go



2 comments:

  1. The colours are getting brighter and brighter
    By the way How big are these panels They look huge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having some sort of budget I can be less miserly with some of the nice colours. The whole thing is 3.2x1.5 metres (actually 124x60 inches as for some weird reason stretcher bars are sold in imperial lengths)

      Delete