Friday, September 22, 2017

The Gunnery and other Woolloomooloo drawings

Theses are some drawings I;ve been doing as I put together the big painting for Weave Community Centre. I'll add more as I scan them
 
The Gunnery and the Tilbury from Forbes St

I lived at the Gunnery from 1985-1991 when it was an artist community squat and the most exciting venue in town. It was the first place I had a real studio to work in, and there was the gallery and performance spaces like the Dome to play around in .

Then an art bureaucratic clique lead by Artspace got jealous, and played stalking horse for Transfield to get their hands on some waterfront property. They gutted the theatres and replaced them with offices and foyers

McElhone St 


Forbes St and the homeless shelter formed by the viaduct. This is a photo from a phone which I will hopefully replace with a (set of) scan


No comments:

Post a Comment