Thursday, May 18, 2017

Around the art table at Rough Edges


Susan, Georgina and Rez among others..

After Rough Edges I went to Weave Community Hub in Woolloomooloo to meet up with Emmanuel, Siobhan and Freya. I'm going to paint a largish commission for the centre- about 4x2 metre in 3 panels for the feature wall - They've given me a bright studio space to do it and maybe some other work in, so that's exciting - the painting will be the cliffs of Woolloomooloo, and birds, cockatoos and currawongs, ibises , houses and people too.

I'm preparing for an "4 Horsemen", an exhibition 'of oil paintings and rock and roll' opening on the 2nd June at Newsagency Gallery at 332 Stanmore Rd Petersham, with Ben Cahill, Chas Glover and Jimmy Willing. We all started out in the artists squats of the 80s and 90s. If you're in Sydney come along

 I'll do some prep work now but get fully on to the Weave painting after that, and post pictures here as I go. Weave will also document everything and work I might do with other artists there

I've also just started work on a mural in the backyard/beer garden of the Record Crate - a kind of Glebe garden of earthly delights with rock stars. It's just a couple of mildly alarming planes of colour at this stage but I should have the bare bones together soon

All this on top of the mural I'm doing at NewtownMission at the moment so I'll be busy. Follow that on the Newtown Last Supper blog

No comments:

Post a Comment