Sunday, May 23, 2021

Hop leaves

 
I've got a hop vine growing on the wire fence in front of the studio which is a great screen between us and the carpark next door, as well as providing an essential ingredient for the beer I brew. Its a Saaz, essential for Pilsner, and great in many styles. 

The plant is the closest known relative of weed - marijuana - and while its a perennial vine rather than christmas tree shaped annual, it has a lot in common with its relative. This is a female. The actual hops are seedless female seed pods, equivalent to dope heads. Instead of THC and cannabinoids, the hops exude a yellow oily resin. with the extremely strong bitter flavour of concentrated beer


 
Waiting to leave the vaccination clinic
 
I got my first dose of COVID vaccine a week or so ago, and you have to wait a little while after in case of some catastrophic reaction(I was fine)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment