Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Old highway helipad

TSandstone is a big part of the series of Sydney landscapes I've been painting the last few years ,'Urban pastoral, so I've been looking for a good place to paint the stone in the surrounding landscape.

 The Newcastle freeway cuts between cliffs  blasted into  the sandstone between the edge of Sydney around Wahroonga and just past Brooklyn on the Hawkesbury River. I remember how impressed my father, a civil engineer, was when we drove along for the first time.

My friend Rachel offered to drive up to look around and have a picnic. This spot is on the old Pacific Highway. I took a medium sized canvas along


 After a second visit


Thanks to Rachel for driving and keeping company for a picnic and painting. We found this spot on the old highwy where we could park, that's marked as a helipad(I think) with a good view of this cutting on the freeway, as well as the river

No comments:

Post a Comment