Tuesday, December 11, 2018

QVB and George St


It's pretty cool being able to walk up and down the middle of George St now the tramline construction is mostly done in those few blocks(how long has it taken?), so I've taken the opportunity of sitting in the middle of the st to do a fair size painting - now its a battle against time to get enough done before the cars return




 The barriers(tho not the fence) have disappeared from around the tram station, an ominous sign, but at least the ground is done, I met this total dude called Minh, lots of people were shooting movies of me painting, and some even throwing a few $ in the hat


It was hot and clear in Forest Lodge as I hopped onto the bus to get to the city when the shade arrives at my painting spot . 20 mins later when I got to town there was looming darkness out west which rapidly overtook me as I got to work. I got a bit done between the first few rapid bouts, and then (I'm happy to say)called it a day just before the cell which dumped huge hail came over.

I got on the bus on Castlereagh St as hail started to fall which rapidly got larger, within a couple of minutes the bus was being bombarded with chunks of hail up to the size of eggs. Pretty dramatic, but we were all safe in the bus



2 afternoonss and I almost have a ground completed

 

I ventured in to the city today in search on a good spot to paint some tramline construction - amazingly, after all this time there is no hole in the ground in this bit of George St anymore, just a few workers in the fenced off area around this tramstop riding a scissor lift up and down, doing some installation

No comments:

Post a Comment