Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Years Eve - Morning busking


King St, Newtown was deserted early, a ghost town bombarded by nearby detonations, distant cheers. The city was a stream of family zombies seeking the best viewing position. So I headed to the Cross, to await the after-midnight crowd.



On King St, Teresa came along and told me her troubles. Assaulted by police and security earlier in the year, now on charges



Darlinghurst Road - The Crest Hotel chemist



These young guys came along and gave me a request for a drawing of zombies and a girl with double-D cups - for $20. But then I was busy with portraits and hadn't got around to it when they came back. 

The guy who spoke first says: "OK I'll give you $30 for zombies and double-D cups, $40 if it's any good"

OK boys here's your drawing - I threw in a naked girl with a gas mask. I drew it straight away, but they never returned


The doorway of the Love Machine




And this is a portrait of Ashley, who got distracted while going for some money while I was packing up. It was her birthday, and she's from Newcastle and if she wants her drawing I've got it

No comments:

Post a Comment