Sunday, November 1, 2020

The Harbour from Watsons Bay

 I went back out to Watsons Bay after a few months to have another look at this painting. The earlier versions of it are here

 

 
I've been twiddling procedurally over the water in the studio, looking forward to heading out to Watsons Bay with it one more time


 
I'm working over the water and sky from photos and memory before taking the canvas for another ferry ride to the spot in Watsons Bay


 




Thanks to Caspian for helping me get out the door and down to Circular Quay where we found the Watsons Bay wharf had been closed for the week for renovations.


So, we got some fish and chips and hopped onto the back deck of the ferry to Rose Bay, where Cas waited for a fery home and I got on the replacement bus for the last bit of the trip. All in all a very pleasant trip in total contrast to the ordeal getting back, where I foolishly took the bus all the way to the city in late afternoon traffic. It took what seemed like an hour (and maybe was)to see the Golden Sheaf go past in Double Bay... After an age we finally got to the top of the hill in Edgecliff, and We still had 2 more to go before finally getting to the city for another peak hour bus to Forest Lodge. That's a mistake I don't want to make again, the commuting life is not for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment