Saturday, May 5, 2018

Aqueduct



A monument to public health (and hence civilisation - We came, we saw, we built a cloaca)


I learnt a bit more about the aqueduct as I painted in some green to leaves on the fig.

A guy came past looking the worse for wear from last night trying to open conversation with the Glebe and Annandale dogwalkers. He stopped for a minute and told me that when he was a child they was a handrail(and some sort of gangway I guess) on top so you could walk along above a sewer and a water pipe

 

This must be coming together, more and more people are stopping to say hello as they jog along or walk their dogs

 

Actually this used to carry the sewerage according to a woman I was talking to today - near the end of Wigram Rd between Glebe and Annandale.

There are some earlier versions of this picture in this earlier post

No comments:

Post a Comment